Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Drumming

I got to do some drum practice at Ed's studio today. It's the first time in years that I have sat down behind a kit. I got a good warm-up. Played for about an hour and a half. I am going back in on thursday for further practice and then I'll be booking some studio time. I plan on doing the drum tracks in batches of three or four, finishing up the production at home, and going in and knocking out another couple of batches. The first three songs will determine the course of this project. I think I can pull off the drums. It should be fun. I think I've still got it. The recording of drum tracks seems to always stress me out a bit, but I am determined to make this as enjoyable as possible. I want to flow with it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The time to do this is NOW!

1 comment:

Christine Boles said...

Hey, Chris, just saw a comment you left on my blog about a month ago, sorry I overlooked it. Really glad to hear you're kicking back in with the drums, may you be blessed by God! Recording is always kind of stressified for me, too, so know what you're going through on that.


-And I'm sure you've still got it- that stuff doesn't really go away, it just goes dormant on command...you'll be back in no time!