Monday, August 27, 2007


Here are some journal entries from our NYC visit...


We got to the Hotel about 1:30, but the room wasn’t ready yet so we just went out and walked around Times Square and the area. It was fun, but I had flip-flops on and my feet are killing me. The energy in this town is intense.


It’s Betsy’s Birthday. We are in NYC, and having a great time. We all slept in last night after a long day yesterday. Today the girls are shopping, and I’m going to wander around and possibly go to MOMA. Tonight we are taking Betsy and the girls to Ruth's Chris steakhouse, which is just around the corner.


Betsy’s Birthday dinner was nice. Betsy had filet, and I had Sea Bass. It was a wonderful dinner, but I must say that New York Prime in Myrtle Beach has Ruth's Chris beat, in my humble opinion.

Today was a very busy day. We went to Columbia University, the World Trade Center site, and SoHo. We spent a lot of time hanging out in SoHo and the girls did some shopping. We ate at a crappy restaurant that we just went to at random, as we were starving at the time. The service sucked and the food was ok at best.

Anyway, we saw a lot of the city today, and got very adept at riding the trains. It’s amazing how quickly you can get around on the subway system. Tomorrow we are going to the Village in the evening. In the day the girls are doing a bit more shopping, but I don’t want to hang with them. I may duck into a museum or something.


It’s our last night here in the City. Betsy and I spent the whole afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was absolutely incredible, and I wish I had another entire day to check it out in greater detail. We also got to drop by the Dakota and pay my respects. I convinced the girls to go to Greenwich Village this evening and we wandered around and took it all in. We bought some books at Shakespeare and Company, the famous bookstore in the Village. We then took the subway back to the hotel and had a bite to eat at the Cosmic Diner across from the hotel. We had breakfast there on Sunday and like it so much we decided to go back. Now we are packing. We have to leave the hotel by 9am at the very latest. The plane leaves at 11am.


We are actually at the airport early for a change. We thought the flight departed at 11:00, but actually it leaves at 11:50! That’s not much of a problem, because I don’t want to spend any more money in the city! Right now I’m trying to get on the net. It’s spotty at best. I’m a bit tired. I have a lot to do when I get home. I need to get my project in to Disc Makers.

I really enjoyed this trip. I know that I want to return fairly soon. I’d like to check out some music next time. Next time Betsy and I will come on our own. Possibly I can tie in some kind of performance or music business oriented activity.


Christine of Epiphany said...

....this is so cool~ it's kind of like being there!

Chris said...

I did the best I could!