Sunday, May 27, 2007

Light and Shadow


Sometimes the world bums me out. When I see and understand how money is the motivating factor for just about everything it brings me down. Money, acclaim, fame, success. A glimpse in to the darkness of striving and envy and revenge. It all boils down to being noticed, loved, and affirmed as a human being.

Sometimes the sadness is a real crusher when I see what people go through. The things we all see on the same scale. The little heroics of day to day. The rising above the mundane. And all the silly things we do to numb ourselves or distract ourselves. Sometimes it's hard to face the cold light of day; the stinging glare of a reality gone so desperately wrong.

And then I see a flower...Or hear the laughter of a child, and I am reminded again of joy.

No comments: