Friday, June 02, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal

I am grateful to be alive today. I all too often overlook the blessings in my life. I tend to be a bit of a pessimist, but am I really, or is that a facade I hide behind? I think it's because of my past failures and shortcomings, disappointments and shattered dreams that I have crafted a tough little shell with a bit of an "I couldn't care less attitude". I have been given much insight in the past several months. I am coming back to myself. I am coming into a place in my life where I am getting out of my own way and letting God take control. My destiny is in his hands. It feels like God is restoring the lost years that the locusts have eaten. Hope has most definitely been restored. I am awake. I am alive. I dwell in the present moment, but I embrace eternity. I will go forward unafraid and excited about the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Heard about the gig. I'm glad it went well. I just got turned onto ChrisYale.com. I have book marked it now so I can check in for the latest info. I like what I've read in the blogs. We'll have to talk more later. I had some trouble downloading your MP3 songs.

Love You,

Frank