Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Desert Wanderings

I feel like it's my time for another lap around the desert. Parched and thirsty for truth. Hungry for sustenance beyond the mundane. Tired of this emptiness that has been plaguing me of late. Bearings lost. Is the compass faulty, or is it just that I have lost the ability to read it? The jackyl of doubt is gnawing at my bones. I am itchy under my skin, and restless-legged and restless-hearted. I am in need of refreshment of mind, body, and spirit. I am in search of that which would restore me, yet I question my motives. I question everything about myself in the state I am in. I am ill-at-ease and burned out. I need a change, but the changes I am seeking money cannot buy. Does God really engineer circumstances? If so, then I'd better make the best of it. If not, I have wasted a whole lot of time. I have not lived lately; I have been lived. I am aware of the passage of time, and it is starting to make me think. Then again, I think too much.

1 comment:

Christine Boles said...

You go, friend!
I've always been able to have enough of a retreat, if I prayed for God to help me~ don't know if that will always be the case, of if He's just been nice to me about it in the past, but it's worth a shot for you to try that, too, right?
Spiritual Retreat is good.