Monday, May 29, 2006

NUTS!

I was rehearsing at my brother's house this evening. We were about to wrap it up when there was a knock on the door. It was one of Roger's neighbors saying that my car was being towed away! I parked right in front of his house on the street like I always do. I was not aware that there was a rule about not parking on the street. It's not like I was out in the street; I was just in front of the house. Luckily (I guess), I was able to catch the towing guy, but my car was already attached to the truck, and I had to pay the dude 95 bucks! It turns out that one of the members of the homeowner's association happened to be driving by, and instead of telling me to move or warning me, he just calls it in to the towing service they have a contract with. What a jerk. He just did it because he could. I don't know, I smell a RACKET! That has to have been the most expensive rehearsal ever. Rog felt bad because he says there's a sign up at the entrance to the community. I never saw it. I've been parking out there for a year and I've never seen this happen.

I get so worked up sometimes about stuff that doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. Even with goofy stuff like this going on I need to realize how incredibly good God is to me, and that he has me safely in the palm of His hand. If this was some sort of test I didn't see it coming. I might have cussed a little less!

Rant over.

No comments: