Monday, April 17, 2006

Fallow Ground

I still feel destined for something that I must reach out for and grab. Something just over the horizon. I think the directive is get ready. Be strong and be not afraid. Work what is given you to work and the outcome is certainly sure. Hold up your end of the bargain. Plow up the fallow ground. The same God that brought Israel out of Egypt is able to bring you out of your spiritual Egypt and into your personal Canaan. The Canaan that God has personally designed for you. I have never been good at obeying. I feel I have mostly given God lip service for over twenty-five years. I am a good liar, especially when it comes to lying to myself.

Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to the musical aspirations God put in my heart. Perhaps there is a purpose I am overlooking; I can only hope to do what is put in my hand to do, and leave the rest to Him. I’m determined to live what I believe and to seek His face with all my being. I will judge no man again, but love and value and cherish each human life as Jesus would.

I seek a higher path. The way of love. I know cool things are on the horizon but they don’t just drop out of the sky complete. Work the field that you have been entrusted with. Be a good steward for once and be consistent. I want the rest of my life to have deeper meaning. Simple yet profound meaning. Under the shadow of the Cross. Living under the shadow of the cross my blessed Savior hung from and died on. I seek balance and completion. A new creation pressing forward and not looking back.

1 comment:

Christine Boles said...

If you seek a deeper meaning to your life, you'll get it. Good that you want it!