Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Hangin'

I woke up at 8:00, which is odd for me on a Sunday or any day for that matter. Had a wonderful quiet time with the Lord. Betsy brought us some McDonalds breakfast sandwiches in lieu of going to Hot Stacks today. I threw out a lot of crap in our bedroom. I’m talking about tons of stuff. It’s amazing what you can cram into a room. I must have thrown out ten big bags of trash. We have tons more to go as we are in de-cluttering mode.

My Martin has finally been re-fretted and it’s ready to be picked up from Chestnut Mandolins in Conway, the local factory authorized Martin repair facility. I am giddy about having my “baby” back and I’m looking forward to fondling and cradling her once again! I have been out of sorts lately and haven’t played much music at all. Then again, when your axe aint right it’s hard to get motivated.

I must be so high strung. I’ve been anxious about so many things. I do cast my cares on the Lord, but I need to learn how to leave my cares with him. I always seem to take them back and work myself up into a lather. I don’t know why…things have a way of working out in spite of myself, and I thank God for that daily.

We’re having Mom and Wes and Taylor over for our weekly dinner. Off we go…

No comments: