Sunday, August 14, 2005

Idealism vs Reality

I get so sick of myself. I am amazed by my inability to turn ideal into reality, the sound in my head to the sound on record; the ideals of my life into reality. I am constantly disappointed with reality but maybe I’m being too subjective.

I’m listening to “Devils and Dust”, Bruce’s new record. It’s good. He has a way of totally inspiring me to write and record. He usually restores my faith in the power of Rock n Roll. He is a huge influence on me. He always has been, even before I could stand on my own as a writer. That was a long time ago, but I am still grateful for the lessons learned.

The record came on a dual disc. It has CD on one side and DVD on the other. Now I need to think about getting with the program and actually buying a DVD player. Yes, I’m still in the dark ages with a VHS machine that’s twenty years old. Oh, and 5.1 surround would be cool to get familiar with as well. It’s high time!

I saw Alejandro Escovedo on Austin City Limits last night. It was very cool to see him playing and writing so very well. I’m glad he’s feeling better.

I have my ups and downs, but I’d rather have these then the in-betweens.

No comments: