Friday, August 26, 2005

De-Junking

I'm going through some old vinyl records and having a wonderful time. I'm going through the old collection with a mind to archiving them on cd. Betsy and Katie are out doing a bit of back to school wardrobe shopping for Katie and I'm listening to the Brandenburg Concertos by J.S. Bach. Right this minute I'm into Concerto #1. I'm loving it and almost caught up in a reverie. I could swear even the cats are into it. I have tons of old vinyl and cassettes and have only begun doing some format conversion with an eye to further de-cluttering of my life. There was a time when I wouldn't even consider getting rid of the precious old outmoded mediums, but I guess you could say I am a changed man. I just don't want stuff to tie me down. I am evaluating just about everything of a material nature and questioning its worth or the purpose it serves in my life. Is it a weight or is it a joy? Is it a burden or is it a tool for increasing the quality of life? Sure, I love music, but I also value organization up to a point, and getting rid of stuff and simplifying life has become a bit of an obsession for me, not only on the material plane, but on the spiritual and mental as well. Boy is this fun! Let the games begin!

No comments: