Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Morning Music

I've decided to go through my CD collection by taking a CD each morning and listen to it in its entirety as I work on my pc each morning. This is a whole lot of fun so far, as I have amassed quite a collection, and haven't been listening to any of it. A good music bath can only be therapeutic.

Germs of songs are coming to me. I feel an outbreak of musical creativity coming over me. Time to bust out the Yamaha AW2816 and get down to business. It tends to help me focus if I record rough drafts as I write. I'm not afraid of a rewrite. Start with the inspiration, and get it right through the perspiration. Some may disagree with this method, but it works for me.

This morning I'm listening to "Failer" by Kathleen Edwards. Great CD. Nice spare arrangements. Good emotion and performances. A little left of center, which gives it a cool quality.

I plan on buying at least one cd a month to stay abreast of what's out there. I hunger for tunes!

I really need to buckle down and get my CD done. I am notoriously lazy, but I don't want to die with my music still in me.

No comments: